Monday, November 13, 2006

Vernard Luxe once said "Good programs exit with a return code, not with a shell."

"Good programs exit with a return code, not with a shell ..."
Hello,

"Good programs exit with a return code, not with a shell."

This saying I am most famous for. This is my saying. I said it first in a course at the university.

But how hard must I try to convince you. Some readers might not care, but others do value that I am actually the author of this statement. You might want to use this quote in your work, which I encourage to do so. But how can you validate that this post is actually done by me? How can you find other work, that I also did? How do you verify that my FlickR photos of the beautiful sunset, are indeed mine?

If you like to find answers to these question, then you might turn yourself to one of the ID and Content management tools that are popping up at the moment.
To name some of them I will try, but this list is not exhaustive, as new services are created. On the Web 2.0 creativity is endless. So I promised names here they are:
  • FindMeOn
  • OpenID
  • ClaimID
  • MicroID
  • Numly
  • Sxip
Not all of them provide equal functionality, nor equal strength, as they are all aimed at different problems. I will later try to compare them.

This is just a post, nothing more. But isnt it soo valuable to know that I am the author.


5 mins later: This is my ESN from Numly:

numly esn 64655-061113-563683-35 Rate content:


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.